Things are heating up in the Southern Hemisphere and summer is just around the corner! Smoothies are the perfect way to start your day off right and they keep you feeling energised all day long. The green smoothie is a creamy mix of green goodness like bananas, spinach and avocado. The mango smoothie is a banana-free option packed with Vitamin C, and the berry smoothie is a really delicious snack option, packed with antioxidants.
Best part? They all take under five minutes to whip up! Let’s get blending with these three healthy, easy and delicious smoothie Recipes!
3 Healthy, Easy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes for the Australian Summer!
Author: World of Wanderlust
Recipe type: Breakfast
- The Mean Green Machine
- 2 frozen bananas (ripe bananas peeled and frozen)
- 1 handful of organic baby spinach
- 1 small handful of frozen pineapple
- 250ml of almond milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Optional: ¼ of an avocado for extra creaminess
- Mango Madness
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of yogurt of choice (Greek, soy, almond, coconut)
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 125ml of orange juice or water
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- 2 ripe spotty bananas (for extra sweetness)
- 1 cup of mixed frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 250ml of coconut milk
- Blend each smoothie in a high-speed blender until smooth. Enjoy fresh or store in a mason jar for the next day’s breakfast!